As a professional Organiser and Decluttering expert, I offer a broad range of services and if there is a task I could not do I will discuss this with you right at the start of my consultation. The below services range from decluttering to interior design, yet these are only an overview, and I offer many more services to help you get on top of life. You get the gist...
You can lean on me to take the strain and remove the 'worries' that could be holding you back from enjoying your life.
My aim? To help you help yourself and bring calm to overwhelm so you can move forward and enjoy life.
Please do contact me to discuss how I can help you to do just that.
Is your wardrobe or home overwhelming you? Do you have things everywhere but find it hard to let go off them? We have all over shopped at times or collected items over the years and I get that. However, when your home becomes overwhelming because you cannot find things than it is time to start decluttering.
I love a good sort-out, and we can have fun doing it. We will chat while we are sorting items into piles. Perhaps your feelings of overwhelm come from having too much stuff around you, not just clothing? Nothing phases me. I am empathetic and I will slowly, bit by bit, release you of your clutter until you feel so free and uplifted, you will wonder how you ever managed without the items.
How I work? I will come to your home and will go through with you, room by room, drawer by drawer if needed. We will agree on a file for things to keep, things to let go, some maybe items and the ones you would like me to bring to a charity shop of your choice. I make this process fun and always work with you! It is your choice and I only advise you without pressure. During the process, if you might feel a bit overwhelmed, we can always sit down with a cuppa and have a breather. The good news is, I can empathise. I used to be a clothes horse and had more clothes than I had money or space for!
I am registered with and a member of APDO The Association of Professional Declutterers & Organisers (https://www.apdo.co.uk/) and adhere to the industry standards. I am also fully insured, have data protection in place according to GDPR and am DBS checked. This will give you the level of assurance you need to know, that I am passionate about what I offer and a professional declutterer who works within the industry's standards.
I have a keen aesthetic eye and it may well be that your home needs a new feel and look to it. I am happy to come to your home and give you some ideas or help you change it around. If you want to sell your home but have been struggling to do so, I can quickly make suggestions on how to give it that desired uncluttered look to achieve an easier and quicker sale so you can move as quick as possible.
We can all find ourselves, from time to time, overwhelmed with paperwork. Having worked as a PA for many years, admin and paperwork are like water off a duck's back. I can create systems and make life easier for you.
I am not an Interior Designer, nor would I call myself one, but I have been told I have a good eye. And I love interior design. I have worked on several of my own homes over the years and have created quite special places. These homes can be seen on My Style on my home page. It would be my pleasure to advise and recommend not only shops but also style ideas.
I have downsized on many occasions in my life. Both in London where I constantly moved and in my own life recently where I moved from a much larger property to an apartment. I have also downsized my mum from a four bedroomed house to a one bedroomed apartment, carefully selecting the items that are precious and together, deciding what can be donated to a new owner. Letting go is a hard process. I understand and emphathise but downsizing comes to all of us at some stage of our lives, having me help you, will make life a lot easier.
I am happy and able to sell items on EBay for you. This is chargeable at an agreed rate and something I do from my own home or indeed, can be done from yours. Finding money in some of your items is a real bonus and it would give me pleasure to find some hidden money in your possessions. Just recently I have sold three dresses belonging to a client, which she did not believe held any value. The sale has covered half the cost of my services to date.
I understand how you can feel overwhelmed by possessions. I am kind, calm and can help you clear yourself of unwanted items and to bring a bit of order into your life. I am able to handle disorders like chronic disorganisation and ADHD as I have had experience.
I am intending to lay on workshops to help clients move forward in their lives. These will be laid on once there is enough interest. If you would like to be put down on the waiting list please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
My Process - Your Questions answered:
I want to make this process as easy for you as it can be. Let’s work together to create a new life for you.
- How do we start the process? I will call you and we can have a chat about what you need help with
- Can you come and visit me? If you live locally in Bournemouth, Poole or Dorset, I can come and see you for half an hour to forty-five minutes (whatever it takes)
- What happens if we chat and get on? What is the next step? If we are both happy our first ‘date’ will be set
- What do you charge? My fee is £35.00 an hour but I do offer packages which might work out better for you and I am happy to do part-payment as well. I want to help you.
- What happens when you arrive for our "without prejudice" chat? I will ask you, on arrival, to show me around your property and we can identify where you would like to start. If you are unsure, I will try and help you with this decision. At this time I would like to take some photos
- If we agree to work together, I will prepare a 'plan' which I will send to you so that we both know where we working towards. In other words, we are both reading the right roadmap
- How do we get started, once we agree to work together? It might be nice to start with a cuppa and let’s put on some music and open the blinds and curtains if needed. Let's keep hydrated
- Do you bring any ‘tools’? I do have a Mary Poppins style bag and it's a mystery even to me what it contains! Joking aside, I will come with bin liners (strong ones) and with some large bags to take away items that you wish to sell.
- How do we start? We will carefully, and together, determine what is the most important area for you to tackle, one area at a time
- How do we decide what to keep, chuck and give to charity? We can create piles. One for Chucking, One for Charity/recycling, One for selling and One for keeping
- I don’t know where to send stuff to, can you help? I can provide you with a list of recycling centres and I’m happy to go with you to the centre to dispose of items. I will take all your charity shop items away with me
- How long does a session normally take? It really depends on you, but I find three hours is about right
- Can you sell items for me? I can sell items for you and can take those things away to sell. It can be included in a package deal or charged per hour. We can negotiate a rate for this. Stationery and fuel will be chargeable
- How do I pay you? You can pay me cash on the day, or via BACS when I send you an invoice
- I am worried about confidentiality, can you reassure me. I am fully insured, a member of APDO (Decluttering association) and am ICO covered. I am confidential and trustworthy. Everything that I see and hear remains private between the two of us and my word is my bond. I always say my ears are open, my eyes can see, but my lips will remain sealed. No-one will ever need to know
- I’m worried about letting go. I’m worried I will be overwhelmed? You may well find it hard, but I will support you gently and slowly. We can chat about your life too if you like and if I can help, I’m happy to give you some support and guidance. Trust me when I say, there's not much I haven't experienced so I am happy to share (where appropriate) to help you understand Why.
- I want to move on with my life, can you help with other areas too? I have a complete ‘resource guide’ if you like which I can provide to you free of charge. These are people who have helped me and supported me with my mental health and kept and got me back on track