Everyone is talking about Inflammation and the effect it has on our bodies.
Dr Paul Clayton is a leader in this area and talks about the effects of chronic inflammation in the body
Some of the common signs and symptoms that develop during chronic inflammation are listed below.
- Body pain, arthralgia, myalgia.
- Chronic fatigue and insomnia.
- Depression, anxiety and mood disorders.
- Gastrointestinal complications like constipation, diarrhea, and acid reflux.
- Weight gain or weight loss.
- Frequent infections.
But what causes inflammation in the body?
Here are 6 foods that can cause inflammation.
- Sugar and high-fructose corn syrup. Table sugar (sucrose) and high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) are the two main types of added sugar in the Western diet. …
- Artificial trans fats. …
- Vegetable and seed oils. …
- Refined carbohydrates. …
- Excessive alcohol. …
- Processed meat.
Alcohol – that old chestnut and sugar. Only the two nicest things to indulge in? it is always the way, right?
But the worst ‘stimulator’ if you like is STRESS. Stress plays such a big part in all our lives (especially this year) that it’s no wonder our bodies are in such an inflamed state. Here’s what stress can do to you –
in truth, we live our lives, as best we can. We ‘use’ foods as a crutch to support us during troubling times. Sadly, many of those food choices are not always the best for us. I used to joke with friends that after a night out consisting of G&Ts and Cocktails I never wanted to eat a salad when I woke up!
The sad reality is that we seriously do need to ‘declutter’ our health both physical and mental and sometimes that does mean being honest with yourself as to what you eat and how it could be playing a part in your ailments.
My best advice? Find yourself a superb nutritionist and find out how you can play a part in your own health and healing your body.
The Lifestyle Concept
Helping you find inner harmony through decluttering