I am proud to be registered with APDO (Association of Professional Declutterers & Organisers) and adhere to their code of ethics when working with all my clients;
- I will keep confidential all client information, both business and personal, except in very exceptional and specific circumstances where I am obliged by law to disclose such information.
- Irrespective of who instructs me or pays for my services, I will always maintain the confidentiality of my client i.e., the person with whom I am working and who is receiving the benefit of my services and professional help.
- I will provide clear and honest information about my professional qualifications and expertise and will accurately represent those qualifications in any verbal and/or written communications and in any promotional materials.
- I will only undertake work within the areas of my expertise, abilities and competence. If and when appropriate, I will invite clients to seek other forms of professional help.
- I will communicate in advance all terms and conditions to clients, including fees, expenses, likely methods of working and cancellation policies.
- I will disclose to clients information regarding existing or potential commercial gains for me personally from recommending specific goods or services.
Note: APDO is not a regulatory body; it does offer a complaints procedure and the maximum sanction the Board can impose for proven breaches of this Code of Ethics is to suspend membership.